Sunday, February 6, 2011

Memorial

My girlfriend passed away three years, seven months, and 24 days ago. Believe it or not, I’m not still incredibly saddened by the fact. I know. It’s odd that I know exactly how much time has elapsed since she died. But I can’t really help it. Three years, seven months, 24 days, and, (what time it is now?) about four hours ago, I thought it would be moronically romantic of me to remember exactly when she died, where she died, and how many days had passed since she died. I marked it on the calendar and everything. I think I was about six months into it before I realized how incredibly fucking stupid I was being about the whole situation.

Unfortunately, by then it was too late. It’s the first thing that I think of when I wake up in the morning. Tomorrow, I’ll get out of bed, and say to myself, “It has been three years, seven months, and 25 days since my girlfriend passed away.” But I try not to let it bother me. It’s not like I have to spend a lot of time thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment